Library Media Center
Hours of Operation
7:30am-3:30pm school days Monday through Friday except when reserved for testing and other special events.
The Library Media Center provides a quiet place for research, reading, and small-group work. The following expectations are in place:
- Students will work quietly and productively.
- Students will respect the right of others to work undisturbed.
- No food is permitted in the library.
- Only water in tightly closable containers is permitted (no cups and no cans).
- iPods may be used quietly.
- Cells phones must be turned off and put away before entering the LMC.
Students who do not behave appropriately will not be permitted in the library except when accompanied by a teacher during class time.
Circulation of Library Materials
Fiction and non-fiction books can be checked-out for a three-week period and renewed once for an additional three weeks. Reference books do not circulate outside the library.
Check-out may be restricted for books and other materials that are used for a project for multiple classes. For example:
- At a teacher’s request a group of books must remain in the library at all times.
- At a teacher’s request a group of books may be restricted to overnight check-out.
Lost or Damaged Library Materials
Students must reimburse the school district for lost or damaged library materials. Students who do not clear their library account jeopardize the receipt of the end-of-year report card. Additionally, seniors’ participation in graduation is jeopardized.
Students, teachers, staff and administration must abide by the district’s Acceptable Use Policy (AUP) at all times.
Computers are to be used for educational purposes. Students, whose teacher has reserved the library for research, have priority computer use as the class requires. As available, computers are open to students for drop-in use.