Here are some ways you can begin talking about bullying with your child:
- "I’m interested in your thoughts and feelings about bullying. What does the word “bullying” mean to you?"
- "Do you ever see students at your school being bullied by other students? How does it make you feel?"
- "What do you usually do when you see bullying going on?"
- "Have you ever tried to help someone who was being bullied? What happened? What do you think you can do if it happens again?"
- "Would you feel like a 'tattletale' if you told an adult that someone was bullying?"
- "Have you ever called another person names? Do you think that is bullying?"
- "Do you or your friends ever leave other students out of activities?"