Welcome to the Blind Brook PTA
We are an active and enthusiastic partner in the Blind Brook educational system, serving grades K thru 12. The Blind Brook PTA offers family-oriented activities, assembly programs, after school activities, in-school volunteers and both student and parent education and support programs. We provide support to parents, teachers and administrators to help improve your children's education. Please refer to the District Calendar for the complete schedule of Blind Brook events.
Join the PTA! PTA Membership Registration is still open!
Registration for PTA membership for 2023-2024 is opening soon!
Take a peek into all the amazing things the Blind Brook PTA does for our schools and community:
• Funds improvements in buildings: During COVID, the PTA paid for touchless hand sanitizer machines in all three buildings. We also provided water bottle refill stations in both the MS and in every wing of RSS.
• Sponsors events: The PTA pays for Circus Arts to work with every grade in the school and the 4th grade to put on a show. The PTA also hosts an end-of-year breakfast for each grade in the MS in conjunction with their special events (i.e.: Shakespeare in the Park for 7th grade and Moving Up rehearsal for 8th grade).
• Teacher appreciation: Every year, the PTA organizes a weeklong celebration of the teachers, administration, and support staff throughout the district.
• SchoolBee: Joining the PTA grants you access to our online directory, SchoolBee. SchoolBee is an entire school district directory. By joining the PTA, you can also purchase our printed directory, the Dial-A-Friend.
• ASA/Half-day programs: The PTA organizes After-School Activities (ASA), a variety of hour-long classes on topics ranging from sports to music to STEM and everything in between. On half-days (for parent-teacher conferences), we also schedule programming for the remainder of the school day.
• Spirit wear: The PTA designs and sells its own apparel and accessories for students K-12 to show their school spirit.
• Community-wide events: From Fall Fest to Book Fair (now at RSS & MS), the PTA tries to get the whole community involved.
• Additional fun activities: At RSS, over the last year, we hosted multiple grade-specific programs, including Jester Jim, paint night, Harlem Wizards, cookie decorating, and a Yankees game. At the MS, the PTA provides snacks, drinks, and prizes for schoolwide events like the Matball and Nitroball tournaments.
Click here to go to Community Pass and join the PTA!
Families without a Community Pass account, please follow the instructions here to create a Community Pass account and join the Blind Brook PTA.
SchoolBee Access Details:
One perk of joining the PTA is access to our online directory, SchoolBee. Members of the PTA have access to the entire school district directory in SchoolBee and access is granted once you've paid this year's membership fee. If you choose not to register, you will only be able to view your own profile. Additionally, you can purchase our printed directory, the Dial-A-Friend, which will be available in October. Only PTA members can purchase the printed directory.
After you join the PTA, you will receive an email invite from SchoolBee. Those who are already familiar with SchoolBee can continue to log-in using the same username and password that you set up previously.
Click here to access SchoolBee. Once in SchoolBee, please review your family profile, make any necessary changes and save your profile. Changes to your profile can be made at any time during the school year, however, please note that any changes made after September 30th will not make it into the printed directory. We are not responsible for any errors in the printed directory, so please check your profile!
Previous PTA members who do not register to join for the new school year by August 31st will lose access to SchoolBee until membership has been renewed. Please note, any new families joining the PTA will be granted access to SchoolBee in September (regardless of membership enrollment date). We appreciate your patience as we work simultaneously to process new members and update SchoolBee accordingly.
Please be aware that changes made in SchoolBee do not mean that school records have been updated. Please contact your school or the District office to make changes there, as well.
Please contact the PTA Membership Co-Chairs Stephanie Biderman & Katie Wolff at BBPTAmembers@gmail.com with any questions.