IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR AT BMPRSS
Below is a letter that was sent to all BMPRSS Families on March 5, 2019 regarding a change in the last few days of school. In this letter there is information about the 5th Grade Moving Up Rehearsal and Ceremony. More specific information will be sent to 5th Grade Families about the Moving Up Rehearsal and Ceremony in the coming weeks.
March 5, 2019
The BMPRSS administration, faculty, and staff are preparing for the upcoming construction project which will begin on our campus July 1, 2019. Approximately 90% of the faculty and staff will be moving classrooms and offices, many of them relocating from one section of the building to another.
The Superintendent and Blind Brook Board of Education acknowledge that a great deal of time is required for faculty, staff, and administration to pack up classrooms and offices by June 26, 2019. They also acknowledge that it will be difficult to pack up classrooms and offices if the students are here in the building through June 26, 2019.
Therefore, in anticipation of the work required prior to construction, the following changes will be made to the end of year school calendar at the BMP Ridge Street School:
- The last day of school for all students will be on Friday, June 21, 2019. It will be a full day of school. Report cards will be released on the Parent Portal at 3:10 pm on Friday, June 21, 2019.
- The Grade 5 Moving Up Ceremony Rehearsal will be on Monday, June 24, 2019. All 5th graders who are eligible to ride the bus will be picked up at their morning bus stops and brought to school by 8:30 am. All non-bus eligible 5th graders will need to be dropped off at school by 8:30 am. Once all 5th graders have arrived, we will load the buses and head to SUNY Purchase for the rehearsal. We will return to school at approximately 10:45 am. There is no bus service available to take 5th graders home. Therefore, all 5th graders will need to be picked by a family member or authorized adult at the BMP Ridge Street School at 10:45 am.
- The Grade 5 Moving Up Ceremony will be held on Tuesday June 25, 2019. The ceremony will start at 11:00 am at SUNY Purchase instead of the previously posted time of 2:00 pm. The ceremony will last approximately one hour. Specific information related to the Moving Up Ceremony will be sent separately to the 5th Grade Families.
- The BMPRSS administration, faculty, and staff will be at school packing up classrooms and offices from Monday, June 24, 2019 through Wednesday, June 26, 2019. (The exception will be when the 5th grade faculty, staff, and administration attend the Grade 5 Moving Up Rehearsal and Ceremony.)
- Access to the building from Monday, June 24, 2019 through Wednesday, June 26, 2019 will be limited. Please make an appointment in advance if you will need to speak with anyone in the building.
We appreciate your understanding as we not only prepare for the end of the 2018-2019 school year, but for the beginning of the 2019-2020 school year.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
Tracy Taylor Lori Cutrone
Principal Associate Principal