Return to Headlines



The school district cooperates with the New York State Labor Department in the issuance of working papers required by law, for students under the age of 18 who seek employment. All children residing in the district who need such papers may obtain them by contacting the guidance department.

To ensure working papers a student must:

  • obtain and fill out an application;
  • undergo a medical examination;
  • submit proof of age. This can be in the form of a birth or baptismal certificate, hospital record, or passport.

Students who have jobs delivering newspapers must have working papers. These students can be as young as 12 years of age and need to comply with regulations by using a form furnished to them by the newspaper.