BOE Meeting Recap - September 20, 2023
Dear Members of the Blind Brook School Community:
There was a public meeting of the Board of Education on Wednesday, September 20th at 7:30 PM.
Student Presentation: BBHS Student Senate
- Student Presentation can be viewed HERE on BoardDocs.
Superintendent's Report: Dr. Byrne gave his report and recommendations highlighting student achievements (listed below). Dr. Byrne noted Neena Bhanti's resignation on the agenda and wished her well. Dr. Byrne advised work is nearing completion on the fire road and thanked Mr. Prentice from BBS Architects and the Maple Leaf Construction company for their work. Once completed, the district can apply for a full Certificate of Occupancy.
- Superintendent’s comments can be viewed HERE on BoardDocs.
- 2024 National Merit Scholarship Semifinalists: Fiona Chen, Matthew Laterza, Austin Lu, Joaquin Otero, and Derek Wang.
- High School Concert Band and Wind Ensemble played the National Anthem at Yankee’s Stadium.
- Jazmine Zeitune (Class of 2023) received a perfect score on AP Drawing Exam
- PSAT/NMSQT commendations: Rachel Coffey, Jinju Prince, Jackson Welde
Board Presentation: Strategic Plan: Vision of Graduate & Definition of Deep Learning
- Strategic Plan Presentation can be viewed HERE on BoardDocs.
Policy(s) Updates: #4330 Administrative Staff
#6121 Sexual Harassment in the Workplace
- Policy readings can be viewed HERE on BoardDocs.
CLICK HERE to view all meetings on BoardDocs.
If you have any questions, or need help navigating BoardDocs, please contact the District Clerk, Vivian Groccia, 914-937-3600x1001, or email@example.com.